Friday, January 15, 2010

Craig Ramsey - Parting Gift For A Party Girl





Genre: Pop, Indie Pop

Year: 2009

Location: Cleveland, OH

Label: Unsigned

MySpace

01. Right Back Where We Are

02. We Are Crashing

03. Love Knows No Age

04. If You Won’t Try

05. Now We’re Here

06. I Want You There

07. On Your Own

08. Some Days

09. Some Things Never Change

10. Going To Bed

11. You’ll Please Them All

12. I’m Making You Think

Craig Ramsey might be one of the hardest working guys in the Cleveland music scene. He writes, records, and performs with Cleveland indie pop heroes Bears, plays drums for Cleveland twee favorite Afternoon Naps, produces music for numerous bands, and on top of all that finds time to form his own band and record/produce his own album. My first experience with Craig’s band was when I saw him and his backing band, The Nice People, open for Bowerbirds and Megafaun. It was especially nice seeing a few of my friends and Tom from Afternoon Naps in the Nice People. As for Parting Gift For A Party Girl, I’ll start off by saying this does sound similar to Bears, but it does differ in some respects. The biggest difference I would say is definitely the production, as Craig’s album sounds crisper and cleaner than any of the Bears records. I found out from Craig himself that Bears’ new album is going to be produced the same way, which is something to really look forward to. As for the songs, they are quick, catchy, and to the point. The standout for me has been “If You Won’t Try”, with its dancey verses, somber chorus, and the incredible multiple vocal ending. If you are a Bears fan, or in any way into pop music, you will love this!

[Via http://thenoiseis.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment