Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Wanna Be In Your Cult - Pat McGlynn

Following a recent resurgence in Japan ex Bay City Roller Pat McGlynn has had all his early solo albums re-released on SONY/BMG in early 2009. We worked together along with his wife and vocalist Janine Bond in late 2008 on four new songs at the Offbeat studio for Pat McGlynn’s STORM earlier this year.

I wrote a track for him in March entitled I Wanna Be In Your Cult.  The track is currently getting lots of airplay in Japan and we are hoping for a hit record. All the tracks are featured on the Offbeat homepage mp3 player. Pat is great to work with and is a true music lover. He’s a gifted guitarist and songwriter

I met Pat back in 1984 when I was working on my solo album under the name ZED with vocalist Kirsty Anderson… I co-wrote two tracks with him and Les McKeown on the BAY CITY ROLLERS hit album Breakout. The title track was originally recorded at Jon Turner’s Palladium studio and also featured Anne Turner on backing vocals. and another on the album called You’ll Find Out was recorded at Wilf Smarties Planet Studios. Wiolf was the guy who discovered Wet Wet Wet and he produced their first hit single “Wishing I Was Lucky’. Apart from being a studio boffin Wilf was instrumental in my training as a recording engineer, giving me a break to work at Planet from 1983 until 1985.

[Via http://offbeatscotland.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment