Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cheryl Cole - Boy Like You

I don’t normally post videos that don’t have proper videos (either PVs or stage performances) but this song has been in my head for a little while. Cheryl Cole has seemingly set the UK charts on fire with her solo debut. I won’t talk too much about it, because I’ll just start criticising her. I’ve not been overly impressed by the songs that I’ve heard (literally, go into any shop and you’ll hear her soon enough – sometimes the whole album just on repeat!) but one song that I quite like is Boy Like You. It samples the awesome Fleetwood Mac’s White Lies and features will.i.am as guest rapper/general mentor man. Cole’s offering is nowhere near as good as White Lies, let’s get that straight. But it’s made quite good because of the sample. I love 80s music like it’s going out of fashion (quite literally) so to hear this is quite cool. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment