Wednesday, March 3, 2010

西野カナ (Kana Nishino)?

Hey, guess who’s been living under a rock?

Me.

Clearly.

<- To clarify this is a picture of Kana Nishino, NOT of me living under a rock. :)

Apparently Kana Nishino debuted with SME Records Newcome Inc. in 2008.

I saw her cover for her single “Best Friend” I thought it was cute and I liked the circle lenses (because THAT’s what makes a good singer. NOT XP ) so I gave it a listen and I remember thinking “Oh god! She’s climbing to higher notes! DON’T DO IT!!” But it wasn’t squeaky, it was strong, and… really good. O.O Haha, this is what happens when you listen to too much Momusu, you forget that Japanese artists actually can sing. and Kana Nishino is not exception, she’s got a really great voice.

Anyone interested in giving her a listen can go here: Japanese Music Dream it’s got a discography, and it’s on MediaShare (my FAVORITE server :D ) Remember to thank her/him (I dunno which) at the bottom :) uploading that much stuff takes time.

I can’t figure out who she sounds like, she reminds me of someone, but I can’t remember the name XP. Point is, she has fun songs, a REALLY good voice, it definitely leans towards pop to the point it’s falling over XP yeah, she’s pop. But it’s nice to hear pop with a good voice, finding that is almost as difficult as finding me outside in the sun. XD

Also, I’d like to point out her English pronunciation is quite amazing.

Some stuff from Wiki:

“Nishino studied English at Eikaiwa from an early age, and went to America twice. She then was interested in various genres of music, including hip-hop, R&B and reggae. But she also enjoyed Japanese literature, and started singing Japanese folk songs.” [My side note: I left the hyperlink in Eikaiwa for those who don't know what those are :D Knowledge = Power XD Sorry, I totally had to write that though.]

“In 2007 while preparing to be a singer, she was also studying English literature at university.” Well this certainly explains her ability to have great pronunciation when it comes to English.

Also, I just realized I haven’t posted her cover for “Best Friend” XP

Isn’t it cute? I loe it!!! It totally screams “AIR BRUSHED!” though, but hey, aren’t they all? Aren’t those great Circle lenses?

[Via http://kangaesugi.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment