Friday, August 28, 2009

She's Just Being Miley...Ramble

Miley Cyrus has been on my mind a lot this August with her hit “Party In The USA” an unstoppable gail force in my mind on repeat. Then she was swinging her hips, um yeah, at the Teen Choice Awards on an ice cream stripper pole…hmm, who’s head is in the gutter here protesting parents? Are you the same people who film your kids singing Flo Rida? (and yes those who know/love me will notice this dude mentions how George Michael’s “I Want Your Sex” video was banned back in the day & how I love that.)

As a former Disney Cast Member (aka employee it’s a Mouse House thang), I did have a raised eyebrow during her hip thrusts, but in the end, for me everything can simply be explained away with ‘She’s just being Miley’ from her song “See You Again,” which was the first song that caught my pop-loving ears. I couldn’t get enough of it.

Yes, I’ve always had an affinity for the brighter side of life. As a music programmer I was often dubbed the Teen Queen, but that doesn’t mean my taste didn’t evolve as my positions at work did the same so after eight years of music programming and a degree in music, I can tell you there is nothing wrong with the saucy greatness of Miley! She comes from a musical family as we all know her dad’s hit “Achy Breaky Heart” and her step-brother Trace’s band Metrostation…oh come on now, I know you’ve found your own hips have a will of their own once “Shake It” comes on the radio.

Back to Miley though, now there is an even bigger sign that she will make it through the teen years to bonafide pop diva! No, I’m not thinking about her being one of the only non-Sony acts on this years Vh1 Divas, I’m talking about the embracing of the Fire Island gays! The recipe is 1 part “Party In The USA”, plus a dash of beach, add five gays in rainbow colored bathing suits splashing around like Sandy in ‘Grease’ minus the rhythm, blend with film frames to move from one scene to the next and you have “Fire Island Pines” aka Miley’s Expansion Into Main Gay America! :

[Via http://ramblingsofagrrlgenius.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment